Re: [Amps] new Alpha

To: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] new Alpha
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 17:57:41 -0600
On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 8:31 AM MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu> wrote:
> Is there hard evidence that Chinese tubes are inferior?

If you mean statistical data, I don't know of any.  RF Parts may keep
track of this.

I'm only aware of claims made by hams regarding duds from China.  But
there are all kinds of operators, some skilled and some who don't know
how to handle a tube properly, plus results vary across tube types and
years and factories I think.  I have a pair of RF Parts 3-500ZGs in an
amplifier that are Chinese but they've been working FB for 21 years.
OTOH I've heard all sorts of negative comments regarding Chinese 811As
and 572Bs.

Rob
K5UJ