160 Contests

Subject: 160 Contests
From: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org (Jim Stahl) (Jim Stahl)
A little DNA mixing between the HF (MF) and VHF contest worlds
might well provide an improvement over than either parent.  The
160 meter contests would be a prime place to place the first
offspring.

Using grid squares in the exchange would not only give something
nontrivial to copy, but could make for an interesting multiplier
structure.  Borrow the popular double multiplier concept from
CQWW by making both grid squares (i.e. EN-91) and grid fields
(i.e. EN) multipliers.  This would also give a very large
possible multipler (ala WPX) that would result in new multipliers
throughout the contest period.

Many causal operators would need the grid square explained, and
who would be better than the incessant CQers to bear this burden?

As already pointed out, distance based QSO points would be
trivial, but probably not desirable until computer logging has
been determined to be universal. I'm not sure we are to that
point quite yet.

Jim   K8MR    k8mr@barf80.nshore.org

Jim Stahl
InterNet: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org
Basic Amateur Radio Frequency, BARF-80 +1 216/237-8208
"Totally devoted to Amateur Radio" - 24 Hrs a day 8/N/1 14.4k-300 baud