160 Contests

Subject: 160 Contests
From: Spike Lazar <slazar19@sgi.net> (Spike Lazar)
AA0RS:
>I will starty the ball rolling, here are my list of requirements for 160
>contests, please let me know what you think.....
>
>1 Each contest to last from "local dawn to dusk" not from 'x' hours Zulu

      Dave is this a trick question? (Like if an airplane crashes where do
      they bury the suvivers?) I prefer 160 meter contesting after dark!

>3 Band split into 3, .....non participants....US EAST + US West.....DX....

     You almost got it right, How about all dx 5 points, all staions east
     of the Mississippi get 5 points for stations west of the Mississippi
     and visa-versa.

>5 Each organiser must appoint someone who's job is to tune the band logging
>infringements. Disqualification rewards bad operating behaviour.

     Good idea, I nominate: KC1XX & WD9INF

>6 QSO must include serial number, lets reintroduce some skill into the qso

     Good idea, but instead of a number, how about cereal brand name:
     Coco Puffs, Corn Flakes ect. ect.

  Additional Ideas:

  1. Anyone who works AA9AX gets credit for an extra mult!

  2. Anyone who works WB9Z, AB4RU or anyone in Beautiful Downtown anyplace
     gets a lifetime disqualification.

  3. Anyone who has a TIC Ring, Facial Ticks, Ring Worm, Ring around the
     collar or says anything bad about an XMATCH without using one, be
     confined in the window for 24 hours while breathing Fish Head Gas
     and sitting on a load of anchovies!

    Sincerely,

    Dr. Bafoofnik **** (call witheld by society for cleaner drawers)