Station Ergonomics

Subject: Station Ergonomics
From: richards@nylink.org (richards@nylink.org)
Date: Fri Mar 22 16:22:47 1996
Hi All,
     I want to build a new operation position this spring/summer.
I am going to put it in the basement so there is plenty of room
for whatever I want to do. Operating considerations are that
it will be primarily a single op HF station with a VHF/UHF
station. The most pertinent question is what shape should the
operating desk be? Straight, L-shaped (L on left or right or
depends on handedness), U-shaped, something else? What about
desk height? Should it be normal desk height or somewhat lower so
that the keyboard is at a comfortable height. I am considering
insetting the keyboard into the desk and covering that with
plexiglass when not in use. Placement of the monitor? I realize
much of this depends on personal preferences but is there one
set up more that's more effecient than another?
     Thanks in advance for any help.

73 de Rick WZ2T
richards@nylink.org