Little fish.....

Subject: Little fish.....
From: jefray@comsys.net (Jerry Fray)
Date: Mon Oct 28 09:47:55 1996
Hello Everyone -

        Just a few random thoughts on my first CQ WW SSB effort. I REALLY
enjoyed it!!!  I made a few mistakes <thank goodness - I know I'm human!
:-> ).... I beat a few of the pileups created by packet clusters, but I
couldn't get thru the ones already in operation when I found 'em. All
the DX countries I worked were first time contacts for me.
--      The ONLY thing that truly bothered me during the contest were
stations calling CQ Contest and when I went back to them replied (or
changed their CQ) "sorry DX only".....you KNOW who you are guys! Seems
like the purpose of the contest was to make contacts NOT just DX
contacts.....or am I missing something here????
        Worked all bands. Single Op unassisted, low power. Equipment -\
Icom IC-706 into MFJ-941D feeding a Carolina Windom 160.
        Total QSO's - 167
        DX Mults -     76
        Zones -        44
Someday the "little fish" grow into BIGGER fish! I'll be back again and
again......kinda gets in yer blood doesn't it?

-73-
Jerry KB9NMU
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/KB9NMU
"No Code - No HF....Know Code KNOW HF!"

>From silver@ax.apc.org (Carlos Augusto S. Pereira)  Mon Oct 28 14:56:43 1996
> --      The ONLY thing that truly bothered me during the contest were
> stations calling CQ Contest and when I went back to them replied (or
> changed their CQ) "sorry DX only".....you KNOW who you are guys! Seems
> like the purpose of the contest was to make contacts NOT just DX
> contacts.....or am I missing something here????

You missed something, Jerry!  Contacts in the same country count zero
points.  (I was one of the ones...)

Chuck, KE5FI
(Single band 10 operating K5XI)