No CW????????

Subject: No CW????????
From: n4si@techinter.com (n4si)
Date: Mon Dec 9 02:39:00 1996
> From:          jon@vii.com (Jon)
> To:            Sjolin@AOL.COM, aa7bg@3rivers.net, cq-contest@tgv.com
> Subject:       Re: No CW????????

> Another story about CW, my wife while we were first dating ....

I've seen some gentlemen telling some stories about CW so I thought
I would add one of my own.

This year I took a trip in May and I had my Yaesu FT757 installed in
the Explorer for some mobile operations. It turns out I get a lot of
hash from the car, so I did a lot of listening, and periodically I
would turn to CW and just key the sidetone to give my wife (WD9ENF)
some practice.

At one time instead of sending the CW I reached over and grabbed her
hand and said," try copying this way," while I squeezed characters
on her hand. I told her that skill might come in handy some day
(she's a nurse; we've all heard the stories...).

About a month later we were at a wedding of our daughter's friend,
and as we sat down for dinner at the reception we were joined by a
couple the gentleman of which was wearing an ugly toupee. I reached
for my wife's hand and squeezed out,      ._.   .._    _ _.

She said, "really? I think it's just a bad haircut."

I told her it might come in handy!

(please, no "what does this have to do with..." flames. It's just a
break in the action)

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
         (c) 5 November, 1996