[CQ-Contest] Some Contest-Rule Topics

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Some Contest-Rule Topics
From: hansbrakob@juno.com (Hans Brakob)
Date: Tue Jul 15 10:02:48 1997
>1) Should QRP and/or low-power category entrants call stations using
>high-power, and ask them to listen for their QRP/low-power signal?

No.

>2) If the answer to 1) is no, should there be a rule against it?

In my opinion (obligatory disclaimer) the rules are already
"against it".  If you use something other than QRP, even for
one contact, or part of a contact, then your entry is not
QRP.

>3) Should single-band category entrants move contacts and/or
>multipliers to their band from other bands?

No.

>4) If the answer to 3) is no, should there be a rule against it?

Again, in my opinion the rules are already "against it".  If you
perform some activity on another band which is intended to increase
your score, then you are not a "single band" entrant.

73, de Hans, K0HB/4ID

~~~
  "Anything not specifically prohibited is mandatory."
~~~

 -
 ---