[CQ-Contest] claiming credit for a KNOWN busted call?????

Subject: [CQ-Contest] claiming credit for a KNOWN busted call?????
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Thu Nov 20 11:30:01 1997
> I can't believe there is even anyone who doesn't think this way! If the
> call is wrong, it's NO contact.

Well...  I'm not so sure this as cut and dry as you say.  I think this is
a judgement call.  If I call XX9XX and he busts my call and I make a real
effort to correct him and he doesn't acknowledge it and then I can't get
his attention...  Hey it's his problem, not mine.  The rules of the CQWW
don't say anything about a good QSO being both callsigns logged correctly.

Now if I take him out of my log, he loses 1 QSO + 3 QSO's and I dont
work a multiplier.  If I leave him in the log, he loses one QSO, and I
work a multiplier.

I didn't read the rules before making this post.  But I dont think you
are required to make sure he logs you correctly.  It's just the right
thing to do.

73

Bill, W4AN

 -