[CQ-Contest] claiming credit for a KNOWN busted call?????

Subject: [CQ-Contest] claiming credit for a KNOWN busted call?????
From: jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Jeffrey Maass)
Date: Fri Nov 21 13:26:34 1997
On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Tom Osborne wrote:

> Are there anything in the rules that state "both stations have to have
> the exchange right"?  If I get it right, why shouldn't I take credit for
> it.  It's not my fault the other guy makes a mistake.  Why should I be
> penalized for the other guys mistake?

I noted in the December 1997 issue of QST that just arrived (on page 100)
that a QSO must be completed and logged correctly by both stations for a
legit QSO to have taken place in ARRL contests (ARRL General Rule 3.2).

73,
Jeff Maass       (jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us)      Amateur Radio K8ND
      USPSA/IPSC # L-1192   NROI/CRO          NW of Columbus Ohio
      25000 Members in 2000!