[CQ-Contest] Wireless headphones/mike

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Wireless headphones/mike
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Thu Dec 11 08:52:01 1997
I think Sony produces a 900 MHz RF full-ear headphones capable of coverage
throughout the house (and outside?) for about $100.

Years ago, I lashed together a little VHF FM transmitter and plugged it in
to the audio out of my HF radio.  I tuned the little transmitter so that it
was between FM radio stations. With a portable radio in the backyard, I
could listen to at least one HF freq* out there.   FM radio headphones would
work, too.

* Have you ever just left your HF radio on one freq and listened to what
passed across it in the course of a day?  Some really interesting and/or
bizarre stuff, sometimes.  I've worked a few new countries that way, too
(solder, [cq...],clip,attach, crimp, [6w...], solder, [cq de 6w8ih], Huh???
6W8?? what's a 6W8?? whatever it is, I don't have it, drop soldering iron,
run across room, call and work new country!!)  cool!

Hmm....a Single-Frequency Contest.  Stations pre-register and receive a
randomly selected, assigned frequency to which they work anyone and everyone
who comes by.  No CQ'ing, no S&P'ing.  Just QSX on the QRG and QSO whoever
happens to show up. Additional points for carriers greater than 10 seconds
in duration.

73,