[CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts
From: Ve3bmv@aol.com (Ve3bmv)
Date: Tue Mar 3 19:47:49 1998
In a message dated 98-03-03 18:57:26 EST, K5MM writes:

<< It is surprising to me that an operator has the audacity to ask the DX
  station to confirm something that he cannot confirm with any certainty.
  That is something like asking the DX station to confirm that it's 35
  degrees celsius outside my home and I've got my air conditioner running
  here in the shack, or asking him to log my call sign down as WA5xxx/ILMK
  during our QSO. (ILMK is short-hand for 'I Love My Kids'. I don't think
so.>>

... or that the call sign he uses is his, and not bootlegged, or he is not in
another country/county, or it is really him and not his friend, or is
"illegal" by running "Iampedusa 300W".

I guess we need Clinton lawyer next to us when we operate, or put the
microphone next to the engine, or transmit live video on the internet at the
same time, or....
   Just put the darn / whatever the other station has on his card and let him
and his conscience be the judge.

Yuri, K3BU/m, VE3BMV/1