[CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Wed Mar 4 00:51:04 1998
> It is NOT the DX stations responsibility to confirm what you
state you
> are doing.

It's not ANY station's responsibility, except the station
claiming it.

I operate QRP in contests.  I don't sign /QRP in or out of
contests.  I equate the use of /QRP to saying "work me because I
am power challenged and I deserve special treatment."  If one is
going to operate QRP for the challenge of it, then get in there
and duke it out with the big boys.  Forget the /QRP.

It unreasonable for award committees, etc., to require submitted
QSL's to have /QRP appended to the station's call.  It seems to
me if the station submits cards for which he claims he worked
them QRP, then they should be counted as such.

73,
Dale, kg5u