[CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Tue Mar 3 20:55:23 1998
>>While my primary interest is qrp, if conditions are marginal, I will
>>work them qro (100w) to make sure they are in the log for a new one.
>>Then if conditions improve, and/or the volume of qso's decreases
>>I will go for them again signing my call/qrp. Most of the operations
>>acknowledge this and seem to have no problem with it. Now for some
>>reason these guys don't seem to like it.

The think that I don't like about signing /QRP is that it
makes it harder to figure out the callsign - esp. if the
station calling is weak.  It happened more than once
during the ARRL CW contest.  In the noise and QSB I hear:

JA3   /QRP   A    /QRP    JA   T  /QRP  /QRP

Now if the staion would just send his callsign - it would be better.
I never log the /QRP part.

--

George Fremin III          "You give me a $10,000 custom guitar
Austin, Texas                and Chet Atkins a $200 discount