[CQ-Contest] cqww log checking

Subject: [CQ-Contest] cqww log checking
From: alan.kaul@worldnet.att.net (Alan Kaul)
Date: Tue Mar 17 18:17:43 1998
Alan  Kaul, W6RCL, LaCanada, CA
w6rcl@amsat.org
http://home.att.net/~alan.kaul/qrp.html

----------
> M.G. Brafford wrote:
>
> snip...
> I don't think you lose the contact if a call similar to yours is in the
> other station's log. For example, one station logged me as N6VA and I
> didn't lose the contact. At least, that is my understanding.
> 73,
>
> Jim, N6VH

I'm confused about that -- if your call is N6VH and the other station logs
you as N6VA and the log-checkers have his or her log, isn't that wat
precipitates a ''NIL---not in log'' designation.  It is likely you that
he/she worked, but the QSO is busted because of the wrong call.

So logically, if he logs you wrong, technically in his log it is a "U -
unique" that could be converted to "B - bad" becase they have your log and
they see that he made a call mistake.  Isn't that how this works?

Doug, others ... please impart wisdom and guidance...

73/de alan