[CQ-Contest] Heil BM-10 headset problem

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Heil BM-10 headset problem
From: bschwerdlin@hlb.com (Bob Schwerdlin)
Date: Mon Mar 23 12:11:57 1998
TNX for your reply.

When I was in the pro sound business, I owned 3 MD-421's and at one time I
had a PL-20, which is the "newer" of the "20" line.  It replaced the RE-20
and is a staple in the music and broadcast news industry.  As for the N/D
mic's from EV, I've used them on drums and horns - They are great.

The SM-7... I don't recall right now, but is the SM-7 an earlier version of
the SM-10 headset mic?  -  If so, then we are doomed.  As for my personal
experience, the SM-10 headset mic had just about, the worst audio of all
the mic's I used professionally.  It's amazing, that Shure could put out a
mic with such cruddy audio response.  It was a favorive of drummers that
"just had to sing".

As for me... I really need a headset mic for contesting, but nothing beats
a large diaphragm mic - that's for sure.

Best of luck and 73

... Bob, WG9L