[CQ-Contest] CQ-WPX..A Modest Proposal

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ-WPX..A Modest Proposal
From: trey@kkn.net (Trey Garlough)
Date: Thu Apr 2 18:18:11 1998
> Shortening the contest wont change the results at all....just lower the
> scores overall.  I would suggest that anyone who's tired of "losing" from
> anywere outside of 1,2, or 3 land by a plane ticket and borrow one of the
> many fine stations that sit vacant during the WPX weekends!  Then you'll
> have to come up with another excuse if you "lose"...
> [...]
>
> 73, Ty K3MM

In the spirit of Joe Namath I state the following:

If the single op category is changed to 24 hours of on-time (with five
off periods allowed), then west coast station N5KO *WILL DEFEAT*
Maryland station K3MM in the SOAB category of WPX SSB contest during
the ensuing solar cycle.

No excuses needed on this end.  Thanks.

--Trey, N5KO