[CQ-Contest] RE:WPX rules

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE:WPX rules
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Tue Apr 7 09:03:46 1998
On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Blake M Meinecke wrote:

> me like making the 100 yard dash into a 90 yard dash for the guy with
> short legs?

No it's really not like that at all.  It's more like a host of guys with
long legs who always run the race on a flat track.  They have plenty of
competition and have fun comparing race notes after the race is over.

Then there's this other guy who runs the same race, but is running uphill
all of the time.  Since running uphill isn't much fun, he doesnt have
many people to talk to after the race for comparing times and race
notes.

So then the guy who is always races uphill suggests "Why dont we run a
race that is a little hilly and a little flat?"  Of course the flat
landers have no interest in running on a different course.  They are
having fun now.

> world??  Should we change the rules to suit "US", so "WE"  can get higher
> scores?  If things were equal for everyone, we couldn't call it a CONTEST
> anymore could we??

What would you call it?  A FAIR CONTEST?  God forbid.

73

Bill