[CQ-Contest] Multi-Op in NAQP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Op in NAQP
From: Fatchett.Mike@tci.com (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Thu Dec 17 14:38:53 1998

1. Pretty basic first question, what's the strategy for operating with two
stations? Running and picking up mults, or just trying to run on two
different bands?

>>Depending on Conditions you can run on both stations.  Both Ops should
check the band they are on from time to time for mults.

2. If you keep a separate log for each station (xcvr) as required by the
rules, how do you dupe check if station 1 later operates on a band that
station 2 was on earlier? Or is each xcvr confined to a specific band(s)?

>>Use computer logging.  TRLog handles this just fine.  The way we setup
up my modest station was to put up antennas for 10-80M on the second
radio. The first radio is normally the run radio and has all the BIG
antennas.
We try to keep that radio on the  hottest band.

3. Do people use more than two xcvrs, but then only transmit from two at
any given time?

>>We have never used more than 2 radios.

I hope this helps out.  It is a great contest!  Pass as many mults as you
can.

Mike
W0MU