[CQ-Contest] Multi-Op in NAQP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Op in NAQP
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Thu Dec 17 13:18:08 1998

> 1. Pretty basic first question, what's the strategy for operating with two
> stations? Running and picking up mults, or just trying to run on two
> different bands?

Usually call CQ on both bands the whole time if you can.

> 2. If you keep a separate log for each station (xcvr) as required by the
> rules, how do you dupe check if station 1 later operates on a band that
> station 2 was on earlier? Or is each xcvr confined to a specific band(s)?

No - the only thing you have to do is follow the 10 min rule
for each station - that is why they want two logs - so they
can check.

> 3. Do people use more than two xcvrs, but then only transmit from two at
> any given time?

You can - but the way my station is setup I find two rigs
are more than enough.

--

George Fremin III                   You know you've achieved perfection
Johnson City, Texas                  in design, not when you have nothing