[CQ-Contest] Log checking--report of collateral damage?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log checking--report of collateral damage?
From: w5xd@alum.mit.edu (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Mon Mar 8 13:57:56 1999
The reporting from the SS log checking is a wonderful=20
change for the better. In contesting, more information=20
is always better than less. So, even though my own=20
report shows I copy CW too poorly to even turn on the=20
radio during a contest, I suggest a couple more bits=20
of information that would be useful in the report that=20
goes back to the entrant after the contest:

1. A report of how badly I was copied to complement=20
the existing (new) report of how badly I copied. Tree=20
already does this for the Internet Sprints by=20
disallowing the QSO if either side fails. SS need not=20
adopt such a rule, but a listing of the number of=20
times that W5XD was removed from other entries would
help me interpret my own report.

2. A report of how badly I did with respect to my=20
peers. That is, did I set a new record for QSOs=20
removed from my log? or did someone else take the=20
honors? The 3 QSO penalty for a mis-copied call sign=20
could actually make my score negative.

3. Its not clear in the report what the log checking
does with "unclaimed" QSOs. The ARRL log format=20
allows me to put zero points in the column, but that
exactly the same as a dupe. It confuses me that the
report shows my dupes but does not show my unclaimed
QSOs.=20

Wayne, W5XD