[CQ-Contest] Re: Log checking

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Log checking
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Mon Mar 8 15:01:44 1999

Hi all,

Mike wrote,

> Log checking is not a personal attack on anyone.  It is just a part of the
> contest.

It certainly is now.  And it's something we CAN do; we have the
technology and people willing to do it.  I'm not sure that's a
sufficient reason to do it, though.

Maybe it is... we probably CAN'T catch the cheater who uses packet
and claims SO, nor the one who runs 5KW and enters LP (or even HP),
so let's check logs.  At least we'll catch those who fabricate QSO's.

These are just my musings.  For myself, I want to get the exchange
and the log as good as I can get them.  My SS error report shows
that I have lots to work on.  GAG!

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT