[CQ-Contest] Re:WPX results vs. SM2EKM claims

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re:WPX results vs. SM2EKM claims
From: v31jp@logical123.net (v31jp@logical123.net)
Date: Tue Mar 30 11:58:26 1999
Hello Jan, et al.

It looks like the scoring structure is now set for points based
on geographical displacement instad on country boundries.
When country boundries are used, the European continent
has an overbundance of higher QSO points for the same
geographical area covered vs that of any other continent,
particularily, North America. If we gave point structures
like the old Soviet States to each of the United States, would
you still complain? Sure, but it compares equally. Of course,
maybe we should now reduce the points of the members of the
European Economic Counsel to one point. That, again, compares.

Near equal QSO point values for near equal population ham
population and distances covered to communicate are difficult,
but should be taken into account when developing a world wide
contest's scoring structure.

Jan.E.Holm@telia.se wrote:

> One question: Why should the point structure be different in the
> North American continent compared to the rest of the world if
> this is supposed to be a WW contest (also CQWW) ???
>
> de SM2EKM
>
> PS: Dont just look at this to be a EU vs USA deal. I look
>        at it as a WW deal.

73 de K8 Joe "Palooka" & Beverly
Joe Pontek
26441 Devaney Road
Arcadia, IN 46030
USA
317-984-7388
K8JP, V31JP, VP5/K8JP, VP5JP, K8JP/VA2, ex-K8HKM
CJ5 '65