[CQ-Contest] Busted calls

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Busted calls
From: ku7y@dri.edu (Ron Stark)
Date: Thu May 6 09:16:18 1999
I also like the close checking.

Two things seem obvious....

One is that the object is to take and put information to and
from the "air" onto paper. This involves several skills, with
copying CW being only one of them.

Typing is becoming very important.

But sending is becoming far less important.

Doesn't this all just mean that we need to continue to
develope our skills "as needed"?

Isn't this also part of what contesting is all about...
being able to look to next year with ideas about how you
can improve your score?

And if all the logs get the same check, then I think it's
just fine.

I have only one concern.....being QRP in most contests
there are times when I know people will now not log the
contact because they are not sure of their copy. That's
fine if I know that. But if nothing is said to me about
NO QSO, then that's a NIL for me!

So I would suggest that if you are not going to log a
QSO, please let the other station know so that they can
also not log it!

cul,

73, Ron,     SOWP 5545M,

.........KU7Y.....ARCI #8829.....Monte "Ron" Stark.....
....ku7y@sage.dri.edu...........Washoe Lake, Nevada....
....QRP-L #17...ARS #49...NorCal #330.....NRA LIFE.....