[CQ-Contest] Busted calls

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Busted calls
From: k2av@qsl.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Fri May 7 15:06:29 1999
On Thu, 6 May 1999 17:27:12 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:

>What's to keep someone from getting on and working a few hundred
>stations in a contest with a nonexistent callsign, just to pull a fast one
>on everyone? That person obviously wouldn't send in his logs  :-)

Well, yes, but aren't we getting close to the false idea that some
magic penalty will solve all the problems of ham contesting.

Just isn't possible to catch every cheat, every mistake, or reform
every misanthrope.

We might make the rules so nasty that folks start giving up and going
back to canasta. Do we really want the contest committee to resemble
OSHA?

73, y'all

73, Guy
--. .-..