[CQ-Contest] Re: Choice of CW Narrow filters

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Choice of CW Narrow filters
From: ku7y@dri.edu (Ron Stark)
Date: Thu May 13 08:59:05 1999
I'd like to make an observation....

As a QRPer in most contests I am not in a position to
wiggle my way in and clear out a hole!

I am usually the one getting moved! But that's OK because
I understand what the game is all about.

(I can also say that it is very seldom that I have ever
had someone do it in a way that I'd call rude....the 1000MP
does help!)

But one thing that does bother me is this.....when someone
sets up close to me there are times when we will be "in snyc".
In other words a station sends his call without being right on
either of our freq's....we both respond with our exchanges....the
calling station sends his exchange and we both QSL.....who
worked the calling station??

Am I the only station that has this problem?? I don't think
so.

What I have started doing when S&Ping is to start my exchange
with the other stations call just to remove all doubt.

With the closer log checking I think this might become
a bigger problem.

Does anyone see anything wrong with sending the other stations
call at the start of my exchange?? It does take time but just
might save some NIL errors later.

Only talking about CW....

cul,

73, Ron,     SOWP 5545M,

.........KU7Y.....ARCI #8829.....Monte "Ron" Stark.....
....ku7y@sage.dri.edu...........Washoe Lake, Nevada....
....QRP-L #17...ARS #49...NorCal #330.....NRA LIFE.....