[CQ-Contest] Re: Last 2

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Last 2
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Thu Jul 29 08:44:29 1999
On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Jon Ogden wrote:

> What is so liddish and obnoxious about using the last two letters of your
> call when trying to get a DX station to hear you?  Or the last three
> letters?  Or the first two letters?  What is the big deal?

For one thing, it's illegal.  You are supposed to identify with your full
callsign.

For another, I've found that giving my full callsign slowly
(Whiiiiiiskey Niiiiiiiine Sieeeeeeerra Zuuuuuuluu) will often extend
beyond all the other callers with their "last two" and I will get through
before them.

I work mostly CW anyway, and I have only heard one or two instances of
anyone using "last two" on CW and they were ignored by the DX.

73, Zack W9SZ