[CQ-Contest] Re: Last 2

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Last 2
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 14:06:11 1999

In a message dated 99-07-28 12:31:10 EDT, sdelling@facstaff.wisc.edu writes:

> I've long suspected a big cause of this problem in contests is when the
>  operator only gets part of the call, and says "the station ending in ...."

     Actually the problem started with Bill Bennett, W7PHO, and his Family
Hour DX Net where he asked specifically for the "last two" and encouraged it.
"The station ending in" might 9DX or Bravo Victor India - neither of which is
the dreaded 'last two'.

>  Perhaps, after doing that, we just have to remind the pile-up that full
> calls are required.

       Right on - otherwise there's no acknowledging that there is a problem
and no accepted alternative.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC