[CQ-Contest] Advice on CW/contest rig for $1000-$2000?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Advice on CW/contest rig for $1000-$2000?
From: kg2au@stny.rr.com (Jimmy Weierich)
Date: Thu May 3 20:12:02 2001
Assuming that the stated ~1% is the growth in the total number of US
licensed hams, what was it in the year(s) before the reduction of the
CW speed requirement?  (My high school physics teacher, Peewee
Crawford, taught me to always ask "relative to what".)

How has the number of US hams licensed to operate on all the HF bands
(potential contesters) been affected?

Best regards,
Jimmy

--