[CQ-Contest] Time to Get Off the Pot

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Time to Get Off the Pot
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue Jan 22 15:05:14 2002
At 01:30 PM 1/22/02 -0600, Kenneth E. Harker wrote:
>Does anyone have any thoughts on what the QST editorial board really wants in
>the way of contesting feature articles?  I've published multiple articles in
>the NCJ and CQ Contest that I first sent in to QST.  They were all rejected
>because they featured contesting and contesting was of "limited interest."

I think Ken makes a good point.  In the period leading up to the Board
meeting, there were a number of messages from the ARRL staff regarding
their willingness to trade enhanced contest article content for the line
scores.  However, in the official statements we have seen since (notably
W0CP's message), there have been no such expressions of interest in
contest-related contributions to QST.  Also strikingly missing is any
reference to the contest clubs' offer to assist.

I think it would be very useful to hear more of what came out of the Board
meeting, and in particular of the Board and staff attitude toward efforts
by the contesting community to help solve the problem.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower