[CQ-Contest] Pile Up in the Top Ten Box

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Pile Up in the Top Ten Box
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Fri Nov 8 02:37:33 2002
On 7 Nov 2002 at 16:50, BILL STRAW wrote:

>   The question of what to do with uniques. This is
> probably meat for a years worth of discussion. IMHO,
> it seems that there should be NO uniques among the
> top 100 or so scorers in the CWSS contest. There is no
> "begging" for Q's (anybody, anywhere) like on SSB, and
> all the logs for all the Top Ten box entrants would
> be in the database (Q,A,B,U,M classes). Uniques are
> thus tossed out.

Why?

Uniques (assuming we're talking about legitimate QSOs with stations
that happen to only make one QSO and not mis-copied calls) are good.

How would deleting uniques make the reporting process faster?

> I could live with this for the CWSS.

Not me...but then I've only made Top Ten in CWSS once.  Near the
bottom.  Low Power.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA