[CQ-Contest] CQWW - are signal reports optional?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - are signal reports optional?
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Thu Nov 28 06:01:49 2002
N5NJ continued:

>I think that either your feeble old memory or mine has mixed up the
>capabilities of other keyers with the accu memory.
>
>There was an Accu-Memory II that was only available in a commercial
>version that may have had features such as this, but I don't believe that
>the original was that sophisticated.
>
>I thought that such pauses for input were started in keyers such as the
>venerable KC Keyer and some from AEA.

Being still on the preferred side of 40, I'm afraid it's your memory that's
off, mate.  ;^)

The Accu-Memory would accept the pause & after manually keying something,
one could mash a button & it would then continue with the rest of the contents
of that memory.  This was the Accu-Memory as described in the '70-something
QST article(s).  This punk kid was in heaven once he got his hands on one...

In day-to-day operation, I would use it to insert RSTs & in some kinda domestic
contest I kinda sorta still remember, it was a great way to insert a serial
number
in the long exchange.  Rather vague recollection, but the Gestapo comes to mind
here for some reason...

The display ripping along was also really cool, as noted by N4BP.

The AEA MM-1 could generate serial numbers automagically, though I'm not
sure if that was the first commercial product to do so or not - though I
should,
having worked for them in the past.

73, VR2BrainFade.... errr, VR2BG