[CQ-Contest] Split Frequency in Contests?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Split Frequency in Contests?
From: s51ta@volja.net (Tadej Mezek, S51TA)
Date: Sun Dec 1 16:22:24 2002
I agree with you David,

I think another reason for complain is that we are not used on split
operation during the contest. It happened two times to me during cqww cw
that I found new mult on my 2nd vfo of the radio and then after some time I
realised he is working split, so  if I wanted to make that qso I was must to
quit the run frequency, catch the DX for 5min and after that, I lose the run
frequency.......that is for SO SB operation, SO2R is easier. I was angry at
that time. But as the cndx and all other things during the contest are the
same for all participants it is OK

One advice for contest split ops; try to use RIT on your radio and put it a
little higher or lower than your xmit freq and you can work just fine.......

Ted, s51ta