[CQ-Contest] Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks
From: frenaye@direcway.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Tue Dec 10 23:11:18 2002
At 08:54 PM 12/10/2002 -0500, W4AN wrote:
>I love George and all...  but K6SE has documented here with clarity that
>his modification doesn't do enough.   I believe George told me that he
>chose the components he did because the mod would render super high speed
>CW hard to copy because of the longer rise time.

It's my understanding that the W2VJN fix is much simpler and that while it
isn't perfect, it is something that most people can do without a problem.  I
looked at his solution and W8JI's solution and decided 'JI's was more
complicated than I was willing to do myself.   The W2VJN solution wasn't
completely a no-brainer for me, but it was reasonable easy to do.   I think it
is good enough.

        -- Tom

e-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com    YCCC --> http://www.yccc.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444