[CQ-Contest] Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks
From: w4an@CONTESTING.COM (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Tue Dec 10 20:54:46 2002
On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Bob - W7GG wrote:

> w2vjn at inrad makes a nice lil mod that helps the mp/mk5 clicks.....
> only 15 bucks...rally helps!! .....w7gg

I love George and all...  but K6SE has documented here with clarity that
his modification doesn't do enough.   I believe George told me that he
chose the components he did because the mod would render super high speed
CW hard to copy because of the longer rise time.  Frankly, I would rather
be rendered to less than 50WPM and not have clicks.

73

Bill, W4AN

PS:  I could be wrong, and frequently am.