[CQ-Contest] Going Over to the Dark Side

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Going Over to the Dark Side
From: k4sb@earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Tue Jan 14 14:44:46 2003
Mark Beckwith wrote:
> I bet Matt happened to be on the frequency they decided to QSY to from
> another band without listening first (not that I would have any experience
> with this [hi]).  I know I had to squeeze in a couple times because there
> happened to be someone on the frequency I had just agreed to QSY to.
>
> I think in-and-out in less than a minute is not worth getting worked up over
> (not that I think Matt got worked up).  When I'm CQing and some other guys
> blast over me for a 15 second sked, it is just a relief that they're gone as
> soon as they appeared.  Beats the heck out of the bonehead who says QRL? on
> your frequency, you answer YES, and they just start CQing as if they didn't
> hear you.
> Mark, N5OT

No, I don't think so. I think it is the responsibility of the station
who asks you to QSY to find an unused frequency. Face it, you'd have
no trouble finding a clear frequency around 28.290, 21.190, or 14.145

Call it anything you want, but this is nothing other than deliberate
interference.

And that is against both FCC and Contest rules. And as such, is cause
for DQ.

As for the "bonehead" Mark speaks of, he's going to get a 5 element
WIDE (as in 54' on 20 meters ) spaced yagi pointed right at him and if
I have to press F1 for the next 10 minutes, I'll do it.

No contest is supposed to resemble the "gunfight at the OK corral".

73
Ed