[CQ-Contest] Callsigns and such

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Callsigns and such
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Fri Mar 14 14:20:54 2003
A number of times during ARRL DX CW, I found myself in a pileup.

Operating QRP, I try to think my way to the QSO.

I'll move around a bit (moving about 0.1-0.2 kHz below him is often
effective, as is moving to the freq of his last QSO.)

In some of the pileups where I was in the midst of the pile, I hung back
until there occurred a split-second where there was almost no one calling.
I jumped in and nailed the DX.  It was interesting seeing how often that
'silence' occurred and how often it worked.

73,
dale, kg5u