[CQ-Contest] Callsigns and such

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Callsigns and such
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Mon Mar 17 09:11:22 2003

> From: "Pete Smith"
>

> > It takes some self-discipline, but I think it is far preferable for
> the DX
> > to send "agn" or "k5?" quickly, rather than wait for someone to
> emerge on
> > the second or third round of calls.
>

> Hi Pete.
>  Usually I agree with you, but what happens in a pileup when the DX
> says K5?
> Utter chaos!  73
> Tom W7WHY

Heck, Tom.  It's worse than that

When the DX says "W7WHY 599K", there are a dozen or more of stations (some
with familiar callsigns) throwing out their callsign while you are trying to
respond -- and most of those calling had stopped when the DX made his call
to you, so it wasn't a case of 'oh.  I didn't hear him."

73,
dale, kg5u