[CQ-Contest] Callsigns and such

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Callsigns and such
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat Mar 15 09:23:15 2003
At 04:05 PM 3/14/03 +0000, Tom Horton wrote:
>Shame on you for telling everyone about this technique! You should have
>said that
>it is important that they call immediately.
>
>That way, those of us who do the "hang back" technique have an even better
>chance!
>That really does work well on QRP!!!

And I guess it's hard to fault the QRP guys for doing this.  But if you
ever want to hear a pileup dissolve into chaos, listen to one where the
operator "in charge" seems to make a practice of answering the late
callers.  Pretty soon everybody is trying to be later than the last
previous caller, and the DX gets drowned.

It takes some self-discipline, but I think it is far preferable for the DX
to send "agn" or "k5?" quickly, rather than wait for someone to emerge on
the second or third round of calls.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 23 Feb 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm