[CQ-Contest] computers ruined contesting

Subject: [CQ-Contest] computers ruined contesting
From: N7MAL@CITLINK.NET (N7MAL)
Date: Thu Jul 3 21:05:05 2003
How is this possible """"Here is a snip of the reply I got from the ARRL
Contest group when I presented the question: ARRL wrote: "The various log
checkers handle the portable "/" designators different ways (as they each
have developed their own
processes).""""
Is there no standard? Does each log checker make up his/her own rules as
they go along? I was under, apparently mis-guided, impression Cabrillo was
supposed to remove all variables, among other things.

MAL                N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
www.citlink.net/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
www.geocities.com/n7mal