[CQ-Contest] Testing Stubs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Testing Stubs
From: mjwetzel@comcast.net (Mike Wetzel)
Date: Fri Aug 1 13:38:58 2003
I have just recently tried using the Top Ten stub box (double stub) and my
own homebrew stubs (and stub switching box) on my main CQ radio and am
puzzled by the ineffectiveness of both.  I obviously must be doing something
wrong but can't figure it out.

The set up is radio-ICE 419-amplifier-LPF-wattermeter/sensor-stub
box-wattmeter-WX0B 6 pack box-manual antenna switches  -antennas.  I also
have a 419 in the receive loop on the second radio.

The LPF and wattmeter/sensor are connected to amp using right angle
connectors and the stub box using 10' of supplied RG-214.

The test setup is transmitting on 3510, 7010 or 14010 and listening on the
2nd, 3rd, etc., harmonic on the second radio. 20 and main 40 meter antennas
are on the same tower but all the other combinations are on different
towers.   What I am finding with this setup is no change in s meter reading
on the second radio listening on the harmonics when I switch the stub box
in/out.

Thanks,

Mike W9RE