[CQ-Contest] Testing Stubs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Testing Stubs
From: ludal@dmv.com (Dallas Carter)
Date: Fri Aug 1 18:03:55 2003
Mike,

    It's virtually impossible to evaluate your problem from the description
of
your hookup.  It is very possible that you are suffering from common mode
RFI.  I would do some experimenting with the ground system to see if I
could minimize the paths.  I had to abandon my "single point ground" and
bond the interstation bus to ground rods behind each operating position,
Others have had good results by using ground isolators on all of their
incoming RF lines.
    I will probably get a lot of flack about my comment on single point
ground,
but just keep in mind that when using modern day equipment, there is no such
thing.  Where do you think that green wire goes?.  For a quick test, ground
the
receive antenna on your test radio and see if you don't get really loud
harmonics.

73 and good luck,

Dallas W3PP