[CQ-Contest] Testing Stubs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Testing Stubs
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Sat Aug 2 09:32:06 2003
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:38:58 -0500 "Mike Wetzel" <mjwetzel@comcast.net>
writes:

> What I am finding with this setup is no change in s meter
> reading
> on the second radio listening on the harmonics when I switch the
> stub box
> in/out.

Maybe rf is leaking around the shielding somewhere?

Try replacing both antennas with dummy loads to
see if the harmonics are still loud. If they are,
try to improve in-shack shielding, such as double-
shielded coax.

How did you make the stubs? I haven't had much luck
using an antenna analyzer. I think a dip meter is
the best way. I think I would put the dip meter at
the antenna port of the stub box.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA