Re: [CQ-Contest] Feb 04 QST op-ed article

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Feb 04 QST op-ed article
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:22:22 -0500
 "Mike Gilmer" <n2mg@eham.net> wrote: "the contentious nature of the phone
bands (both during and outside of contests) causes many (not just
contesters) to operate there only casually, or avoid them totally.  No
wonder!"

As my "ole pappy" would have said: "couldn't have said it better
myowndamnself"! After only 3 hours of NAQP SSB, I continue to ask myself,
"why bother"? I think I will continue to use RTTY and CW, even if the CW
operators get almost as contentious, on 40 meters, toward RTTY operation! I
have to continue to remind myself: "if it isn't fun, why am I doing it"?
C'Ya, Shelby