Re: [CQ-Contest] Feb 04 QST op-ed article

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Feb 04 QST op-ed article
From: "Stephen M. Murphy" <murphys@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:32:03 -0500
How about we change nothing.  So what if a few weekends out of the year find
the bands congested because of major contests?  Toooooo Bad!

Should he have the right to the expectation of a clear frequency at my
expense? Who is he to imply that his communications needs are more important
than anyone elses?  Is my using the frequency as part of a contest any less
important than someone talking about the weather?

There are WARC bands where there is no contest activity.  If that doesn't
work, read a book.