Re: [CQ-Contest] Dealing with eBay

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dealing with eBay
From: "Mike Gilmer - N2MG" <n2mg@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 06:52:11 -0800 (PST)
In case there was any doubt, I reported all 3 devices
through eBay's online system for doing just that.  It
was a bit convoluted to get to, but I found it.

I clicked "Help" in their top menu, then "Contact Us"
in their left menu, then "Report a listing violation",
then "Prohibited (banned) items", then "Electronics".
Next I clicked the "Email" link under "Contact
Support:" at which point I had to log in and was then
presented with a form in which to enter the
questionable item numbers.

Perhaps emailing the numbers to some address would
perform the same function, but if there's an automated
system in place, I prefer to use it!  (I guess that's
the webmaster in me ;-) )

Anyway, I got some kind of automated reply saying
they'd look into it.  We shall see.

Mike N2MG

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 05:13:37 -0800 (PST), "Mike Gilmer
- N2MG" wrote:

> K3FT wrote:
> > I have had success with eBay in getting them
> > to DELETE ads for illegal amps.
>
> Here's one I saw today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3076116791

<snip>