RE: [CQ-Contest] Why should we care?

To: <n2mg@contesting.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Why should we care?
From: "WA7VNI" <wa7vni@dayshaw.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:42:19 -0800
It seems to me that "self regulation" is an integral part of
both the letter and dare I say the "spirit" of our service.
If the sale of illegal  equipment directly affects and/or
threatens our portion of the spectrum and our service then I
think we are obligated by letter and spirit to take action
when it seems feasible. There are enough threats that we
have little influence on it would be a shame to ignore one
that we might actually affect.

Commercial enterprises like eBay will, as previously noted,
tend to ever so carefully stay in the gray areas that their
legal counsels advise them are safe. We need to help them
make the right decision. I think it was Garrison Keillor who
once defined conscience as "...the knowledge that someone is
watching". OK, now they (eBay and the sellers) know that
someone IS watching and we shouldn't let them forget it

73
Patrick
WA7VNI