Re: [CQ-Contest] contest radio

To: "Hanlon, Steve" <SHanlon@dnr.state.md.us>,<CQ-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] contest radio
From: "Andrew Faber" <andrew.faber@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:31:33 -0800
Steve,
  I'm sure everyone has an opinion on this topic.  I think used 756 PROs and
PRO IIs are good buys now.  They don't seem to have the transmit problem the
746 PRO does, and have much better displays.  Either would be within your
budget range, and the PRO might even be less. I own both a PRO and  a PRO
II, both of which I bought used, and like them a lot for contesting. As you
have found with your 746, it's nice not to have to buy filters.
 73, andy, ae6y