Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Phone - 40 m lack of bandplan compliance

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Phone - 40 m lack of bandplan compliance
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:36:24 +0000
W1EBI responded to VK2CZ:

Besides, now that CW has been dropped from most jurisdictions, I
would expect CW allocations to gradually disappear.

David, I sincerely hope your expectations do not ever materialize. CW testing may well be disappearing, but stations licensed under no-code exams must absolutely be restricted to phone-only sub-bands. Phone privileges in all of HF if it must be, but NOT in the CW sub-bands.

Here, we have never had any CW allocations.

No-coders are now allowed everywhere, including where CW operation
traditionally takes place & without restriction as to mode.

Previous licensees who have demonstrated Morse proficiency are being
issued replacement licenses indistinguishable from those without any Morse
proficiency, so until the entire world goes no-code, we will be treated as
no-coders by other administrations - should we ever achieve reciprocal
licensing with another administration (something yet to happen, nearly
seven years after change of sovereignty).

Enjoy working the no-coders.  They like to jam CW stations & self-spot.
Be sure to thank the next one you work for the fine mess they've made.

73, VR2BrettGraham