RE: [CQ-Contest] Unassisted vs. Assisted vs. Self-Assisted

To: "John W" <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Unassisted vs. Assisted vs. Self-Assisted
From: "Didonna, Richard" <RDiDonna@wrf.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:35:53 -0400
Why should the assistance be left off at the receiving of the QSO.  Part of the
success of the QSO is the successful transmission of the requisite information.
 So, are we also to limit the unassisted categories to only those that do not
use a programmed keyer memory, a computer CT/NA interface, or a voice keyer?

I concur with the already in-place notion of restricting packet/internet spots,
because another human is interfacing with you to facilitate additional spotting
opportunities.

Personally, I don't have problems with check partial databases.  You're
guessing as to whether or not the database is accurate enough to provide you
with the correct match.  Its your risk of the points as to whether or not the
call/info is correct.

Rich KI6ZH/4