FW: Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:22:07 +0000

From: kd4d@comcast.net
To: "Tony Rogozinski" <tonyrogo@telegraphy.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:21:46 +0000

Hi Tony:

This isn't realistic.  When operating at a M/M, if I'm working an S&P
station, I'll run through the band and I'll spot what I hear if I'm not too
busy.  I may spot a station every hour or so for the whole contest and
I certainly won't remember who I've spotted or who I haven't spotted.

We'd have to add this to our contest logging programs to give us any
hope of staying legal with this rule or just quit spotting.  Maybe that's
the point...:-)

73,

Mark, KD4D